2021 was the year much of the global economy got back on track following the 2020 pandemic setback. For the self-serve kiosk industry, 2021 was much more. It was a year in which consumer acceptance of self service reached a banner level, setting in motion double-digit growth that shows no sign of tapering.
Signs of growth were evident in 2020 when technology providers responded to the coronavirus pandemic with solutions to socially distance, screen temperatures and provide touchless interaction with kiosks.
The momentum continued into 2021 as many closed businesses and organizations reopened and sought technologies to protect visitors, customers and employees. The recovery enabled the self-serve kiosk industry to resume the double-digit growth curve of the three consecutive years prior to 2020.
Why we created this report
Kiosk Marketplace organized the census in response to requests from readers seeking reliable data on the size and growth of the self-serve kiosk industry. The Kiosk Marketplace Census holds the distinction of offering statistical information provided by both users and suppliers of self-serve kiosks. Where other kiosk market studies are based mostly on supplier provided information, the majority of the information in the Kiosk Marketplace Census is user provided.
Table of Contents
Page 3 | Executive Summary
Page 15 | Survey results
- Page 15 | Retailers, locations and consumer brands that have kiosks
- Page 23 | Kiosk hardware manufacturers
- Page 28 | Kiosk software manufacturers
- Page 31 | Kiosk value added resellers
- Page 35 | Kiosk component manufacturers
Page 39 | Industry Insights
- Page 39 | Pandemic speeds adoption of self-service kiosk solutions
By Jeff LeBlank, director of solutions engineering, Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc.
- Page 42 |The post-pandemic restaurant model and the impending kiosk era
By Hope Neiman, chief marketing officer, Tillster
- Page 44 | Kiosks in the Metaverse: A look to what’s ahead
By Alexandra Lauber, director of finance and marketing, Bixly, Inc. and Andrew Savala, chief operator officer, Bixly, Inc.
- Page 47 | User authentication and access solutions for EV charging kiosks
By Sean Houchin, product manager, Elatec, Inc.
- Page 50 | COVID creates a new urgency for public/private urban technology partnerships
By Lou Celi, founder and chief executive, ThoughtLab
- Page 53 | 2022: Demand for kiosk accessibility reaches new heights
By Laura Boniello Miller, corporate business development manager, Vispero
- Page 55 | Supply chain woes: Patience will pay off
By Nicholas O’Connor, sales executive, Nidec Sankyo America Corp
- Page 57 | What the 3G sunset means for your business
By Kevin Dalton, chief experience officer, OptConnect
- Page 59 | Edge computing, 5G and blockchain: A new era of hyperconnectivity
By Akshay Sharma, CTO, Motivitee and 5G Edge Computing Tech and advisor, Grubbrr
- Page 61 | Inventory control need not compromise convenience for industrial distributors
By Mark Hill, founder, 1sourcevend
- Page 65 | Kiosk market ‘melting pot’: A very interesting place to be
By Ben Wheeler, The Kiosk Guy
Due to the digital format of our reports, we will provide a 50 percent refund should you not be satisfied with the product. Guarantee valid for 15 days after purchase.